Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Please Meet!

{March 5, 2012}


Hey everyone,
 
Haha oh man, Danielle's pictures are funny. Mostly Jesse. Haha. Your new house looks nice. It's weird to see carpet though. I'm just used to the traditional hardwood floors here. I want to come visit sometime and party in Texas. You should have it all scoped out by the time I'm home. Congratulations to Kadin and Kylie on SUPAF. Did they give out money when I did it or was I just not good enough? I'm jealous. That's more money than I've made in my whole musical career. It must not be the path for me. So are you guys able to just call up Grandpa and Grandma whenever? It sounds like they're having fun on their mission. I want to serve a couple's mission now. It sounds like the life. I also got a good laugh at Dad's story about McKay and his friend. That's hilarious. McKay's so funny. I feel the same sometimes. Actually most of the time. It's tough to keep up with things like that.
 
Well this week has been good. We had our temple day on Tuesday, which is always nice. Then I went on exchanges with the other elders in our district and we had dinner with their recent convert. He's way funny and such a cool kid. Then on Thursday we went on exchanges with our zone leaders. It was intense but really good. The elder I was with stayed in my area and we just went to town. We talked to tons of people and saw a lot of good things happen. I'm pretty sure miracles just follow zone leaders, especially when you go on exchanges. We need to go on exchanges with them everyday or something. We found a lot of potential investigators and were slammed with appointments this weekend. Unfortunately, like most potentials, they punked. So that was a little disappointing, but we at least have a good pool of potentials. We did pick up two new investigators though. One was a kid we met on the street and he brought his friend with him. He doesn't believe in God or the Bible. He read it front to back because he thought it was a fun story. When we met him, he wanted us to prove resurrection scientifically and with examples. Yeah. That was hard. So maybe not the most potential right now, but we'll see. He said he'll read the Book of Mormon and he's willing to meet with us more. Our district is doing well. The elders have a baptismal date and one of the sisters' investigator accepted a soft committment. So things are doing pretty good. We have a few more potentials coming up this week so hopefully we can pick up some of them and keep our teaching pool going.
 
So this week I bought some new jeans. They're Korean style which means they're pretty slim. Way slim. They're basically skinny jeans. I was a little worried about that because I couldn't try them on, but they were a good deal so I went with it. Well I tried them on and my companion just starts laughing at me. Which is understandable. They emphasize the longness and skinniness of my legs. But as we were going out my companion was just going off on how he needs to excercise more and stuff. I think it was good motivation for him. Haha. It was pretty funny though. He said I can pull off the Korean style. Hopefully it still works in America. Haha.
 
Anyway. That was pretty much my week. I sent off a package today for you guys so let me know when you get it. I sent it by air mail so it should get there in a couple weeks. I think you'll like it. I threw in my memory card too so if you could go through that and send it back that would be good. Have a good week and I'll talk to you next week.
 
Love, Elder Dorius

No comments:

Post a Comment