Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Buddha!

{May 29, 2012}


Hey everyone,
 
Sorry for the delay. No, it was not Memorial Day. It was Buddha's Birthday! Haha. It's a national holiday here so everything was closed and we had to email today. Our zone had an all day sports activity yesterday. We played soccer, basketball, volleyball, and ran some relays. It was super fun, but today I'm way sore and a bit sunburned. It's kind of embarrassing. I'm super white now. I can't even remember the last time my forearms got sunburned. But it was sweet. It looks like the Real game was fun. Who did they play? Dang it. Six Flags is way fun. We'll have to go take a trip and hit it up sometime when I get home. Oh speaking of. I got an interesting phone call from the office last week. They confirmed my release date. Weird. They were also wondering if you guys are going to come pick me up. I told them probably not, but I wasn't sure. So are you guys going to pick me up or am I just flying home?
 
Anyway. Today we had our temple trip. It's the best everytime. Today is also our P-day and we were going to go hiking as a zone, but everyone is too sore from sports yesterday so we were going to just play games and relax, but then it just turned into going to a meat buffet and eating our lives away. Haha. Nothing really new with our investigators. Actually there is nothing new. We couldn't meet with any of our investigators this week. I don't know what's going on, but everyone has gotten busy and lost time and interest in meeting. Super frustrating. But we actually saw about half of them randomly on the street. That was cool. It's experiences that those that remind me that the Lord can place people in our path or can put us in their path. So we've been working a lot on street contacting and finding new investigators. Thankfully, we've found a few potentials and picked up a couple new investigators. They're both 18 year old kids and just plain cool.
 
Oh man. Elder Anderson's letter was intense. I can't believe he almost got shot. Holy smokes. Guns are illegal in Korea so nobody owns one and even if someone got their hands on one they wouldn't know how to use it. So don't worry about me. Haha. The worst that could happen is a drunk guy who wants to fight us, and that woudn't last too long.
 
Oh gosh. We just got kicked out of our emailing place. We were just at this big phone store and emailed on some computers in their service center, but apparently we couldn't use them. So now we're at the family history center by the temple. Woot! Our bishop works here so we've been here a couple times. It's awesome. They have tons of books just full of generations of family history. It's quite the sight to see.
 
Well that was pretty much the extent of our week. We got a new oven. And we got a window fixed on our deck type thing. That was exciting. I must be getting old if I get excited over new appliances and other home stuff. Haha. Hopefully you guys are having fun with whatever you do now that school is out. Don't waste too much time. Read books and do productive activities. We wouldn't want to be "slothful" now would we? ;) Talk to you next week!
 
Love, Elder Dorius

No comments:

Post a Comment