Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Happy White Day

{March 19, 2012}


Hey everyone,
 
Thanks for the emails. They were perfect lengths today. Haha. Yeah don't put me in classes that Malea is taking. Ever. Classes like basic math, basic English, and basic Korean are more up my alley. I'm done for when I have to go to school again. Mom, I think it's worth a shot of getting that girl's address. The temple is in my zone. It's the zone leaders area so it's kind of close. I wish she could be my investigator but I guess we can help out my zone leaders too. I don't think I need anything. Just my memory card back. Man I wish I could skype. That sounds way fun. But email/snail mail is fun too. Maybe someday.
 
Well this week was crazy. March 14 is White Day in Korea. On Valentine's Day the girls give gifts to guys and so to make things fair they have White Day, where the guys give gifts to girls. So my companion wanted to visit all the sisters in the ward and give them cookies. But then he decided that we'll just give cookies for the whole family of every family in our ward. That's a lot of cookies. And then he wanted them to be in heart shapes. Guess who got to make them all. Me. I have never been so frustrated with chocolate chip cookies in my life. It kind of turned into too big of a project for us to do how we wanted so we were both pretty frustrated. It was a good week to learn patience. So because we planned to pretty much focus all of our time and energy on our members, I didn't think this week was going to be a week of miracles and huge success. But it kind of was. We just started an English class a couple weeks ago and we haven't seen any progress from it. But this week we got a random call from someone looking for our church to come to English class. He was the only person so we were able to focus on just him. As we were getting to know each other, he grabbed the Book of Mormon sitting on the table and asked if it was the Bible. Then for the rest of the time we talked about the Book of Mormon and a little bit about the Restoration. It was one of the best English class lessons ever. So we invited him to church and lo and behold he came! He has a lot of really good potential. The only problem is he goes to the army on April 2. So that's kind of a problem, but we'll see how it works out. We're meeting him tomorrow. Our othe progressing investigator is doing pretty good. We finished up all the lessons and such and she doesn't have any problems with the commandments. She came with us to the baptismal service the other elders had in our district and she seemed to like it. We invited her to be baptized this Sunday, but she said that's too quick. So we tried pushing it back to next month and she said she'll think about it. So we almost kind of have a baptismal date. I think she'll get baptized eventually. She just needs time. So despite all the frustration and dang cookies, we were still blessed.
 
Every transfer, the missionaries going home give their "farewell" talk at the major meeting of the transfer. Well my good buddy, Elder Reyes, is going home this transfer and for his farewell talk, President gave him permission to play his guitar. It was really cool. He talked about how he's been writing songs for 10 years and this was the first time he wrote a song with "Jesus Christ" in it. So he talked about using our talents during our mission and using them to help the work move forward. It was sweet. He also wrote a song about going home, which was kind of ironic because it was right after we recieved "anti-trunky" training. Haha. But it was still really good. I want to try to get a copy of it from him. Anyway. That was fun. 
 
The weather is getting better. Spring is definately coming, but it's still a little chilly. I haven't had to wear my big coat for a couple days which is nice. I'm sure in a couple more weeks it's going to be awesome. I'm pretty excited. Well that's pretty much it. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. Sorry there's a million from our badmitton adventure and all those videos. You might have to do some editing and revising. Anyways. Talk to you later. Have a good week.
 
Love, Elder Dorius

No comments:

Post a Comment