Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sorry I'm late

{March 26, 2012}


Hey everyone,
Sorry this letter is a little late. Our library was having a system error and it was taking forever at our post office so now I'm finally able to email. But our P-day ends pretty soon so I don't have much time to write. Sorry. But I have a couple things I need first. By chance could you look through my stuff and try to find my long basket ball shorts? I kind of want those. Hopefully you haven't sent my card yet. You can send them with that. Also can you check my debit card account? I have a little scratch on my card and for some reason can't check the account at an ATM but I can still use it. So just make sure I still have money in there and such and I'll try to check it sometime. Then I also wanted to remind you of General Conference this weekend. We watch it a week later so keep an eye out for the good ones and give me a heads up so I know which ones to not sleep through. Ha.
So this week was pretty good. We finally got a new ward mission leader. There hasn't been one since I've been here so it's been good to have the help. And boy he has helped. His little brother is good friends with the part member family we've been trying to meet so he went over and visited them. Well he talked to the nonmember wife about being baptized and such and she said she wanted to be baptized and then asked how. So he said "you just need to meet the missionaries and take the lessons. Do you want to be baptized on April 22?" Boom. Baptismal date. Before she even became a progressing investigator. I don't know why that didn't happen with us. But that's ok. It still worked out. Then on Sunday he met with us and our other progressing investigator and kind of gave her a pop quiz on everything we've talked about. Which is everything. We finished all the lessons a couple weeks ago. Anyway. It was kind of intense. But he talked about the other part member family who is getting baptized and he said "we would really like for you guys to be baptized together. Will you prepare to be baptized on April 22?" Boom. Another baptismal date. So if all goes well we'll have two baptisms on that day. I'm stoked. This would pretty much make my whole life. I've been praying for this for a long time. So regardless of everything else that happened this week, it was a good week.
We get our transfer calls tonight. We think my companion is leaving and I'll stay. That's the most likely but we'll see in a few hours. I'm a little nervous. I really hope I stay so I can finally be a part of a baptism of someone who I met and helped teach and such. But I'm pretty sure I'm safe. I'll have to let you know how it goes next week. Well that's pretty much all I have to report on. I'll try to hurry and send some pictures too. Have a good week.
Love, Elder Dorius


Pictures!


1. This was our p day a couple weeks ago. We went hiking. These are my zone leaders and my sisters.
2. Me.
3. Me again. Being king of the world. Or something.
4. Some of our zone.
 
It's a little different than Zions but still way sweet.







 




No comments:

Post a Comment