Wednesday, June 6, 2012

No news is kind of good news

{June 3, 2012}


Hey everyone,
 
Ok. I feel like my mission has been super boring compared to Elder Anderson. We visited a member this week who served in Oakland, California on her mission and she was telling us all the crazy things that happened to her. It made me slightly jealous because I don't have any cool stories, but it also made me grateful to live in a safe place. We came to the conclusion that missionaries in Korea just work for two years. Haha Dad's playing softball? Haha. That facebook post is hilarious. I was laughing way hard. Way to go Dad! Have you found your favorite snow cone flavor yet? I'm also jealous about Danielle's new camera. I've decided that I want to get a nice camera sometime when I get home and do some photography stuff. That sounds fun. And your place looks way nice. Texas looks pretty. Or maybe it's just your camera. Ha. Oh and speaking of future, Mom. Why are you mad at me for that? I gave you an estimated release date. My actual release date is Dec. 7th. I got the paper work this week. Ugh. Which reminds me. What's the home phone number? Do you just use cell phones now? What's our stake president's name again? I forgot. Ha. And if you have his address that would be good too. I need that stuff for some paper work so if you could send that to me by next week that would be good. Oh and I talked to Elder Stanley today about rooming together and he's up for that. He'll let his parents know and then you guys can just figure it out. Good luck! Haha.
 
As for this week, I didn't get robbed, mugged, or shot at. A bunch of little high school girls stared at me and only a couple old people said I was pretty. We were sitting down on a bench waiting for an appointment when my companion started waving to a little girl who was staring at him and then I leaned forward to see what was going on and the little girl said "oh! There's another one!" Welcome to Korea.
 
Now as for missionary work, please refer to my previous statement about missionary work in Korea. We just worked. This was actually the second week in a row where we haven't been able to meet with any of our investigators. I don't really know why, but the Lord is giving us some pretty good trials right now. We kind of want to just clear off our investigator board and start fresh. Hopefully we'll be up there with Dad getting the "most improved player" award this week and for the rest of the transfer. We actually did almost pick up a new investigator. We have to meet him one more time to actually count it. But he's a...preacher? I think that's what it is in English. We usually try to avoid them because they just want to bash, but this guy seems pretty sincere. And he studied in London which is quite a bit different than studying in Korea. So we're pretty excited about him. We're going to be working hard this week and keep making miracles happen.
 
Speaking of miracles. We found out that India has its first stake now. Our bishop was there this last week and told us. That was cool. I'm sure the Tuscanos know but you'll have to share the news. Also tell Mary to send me a wedding invitation. Haha. But ease into it by telling her I say hi first. And tell everyone else hi for me while you're at it. Ha. Thanks. Anyways. That was pretty much our week. Don't forget to sqeeze in some lake time with all your activities. I know it's hard, but someone has to do it. Talk to you later.
 
Love, Elder Dorius


Pictures

1. Here's my zone.
2. Here's my creative energy or something like that.
3. Oh and here's some ancient tombstone things. It's like the ancestors in Mulan! Haha







No comments:

Post a Comment