Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dang it....

{March 11, 2012}

Hey everyone,

I really do love all the emails. They're really fun to read, but it
just takes a long time and it seems like every time I'm short on time
is when Dad "threatens" Kadin and Kylie to write me so it takes even
longer. Haha. We're going to Bukhan San today for a zone P-day
activity. It's a famous mountain in Korea and it's right in our zone.
How lucky. I'm excited. We actually went just on Saturday with our
young men and it was really fun. I forgot that hiking was one of my
hobbies. I'm super jealous of you guys with your spring break. Dang
it. That's the best. And it sounds like the weather is warming up and
getting perfect. It's freezing here. Again. Yesterday was SO cold and
windy. We at least didn't have tornadoes like Grandpa and Grandma, but
it was close. I heard yesterday was -5 C and today is suposed to be
-12 C. What a great day to go hiking.

Well this week was pretty tough. I have all the sympathy in the world
for Grandpa and Grandma and they're couple "dissed" appointments. We
say "punked" here, but same thing. We had several potential
appointments lined up on almost every day of last week so we were
pretty excited and thought we were going to pick up some new
investigators, but not one met. It was rough. Especially since we felt
like we were working just as hard, if not harder, than the week
before, but still didn't see much success. It was pretty frustrating.
But one kid ended up calling us and saying he had to cancel because
his grandma was really sick and in the hospital so he couldn't meet. I
guess that's a pretty good reason. So that was a little hopeful. Then
we met our most progressing investigator on Sunday at church and she
accepted a soft baptismal committment. We haven't given her a date
yet, but we're hoping for the 25th. That's our goal. Then our
part-member couple sneeked into sacrament meeting just as the opening
hymn was finishing so it was good to have them in church and see them
again. So even though we had a rough week, I kind of learned that
everything on your mission can totally change for the better in just
one day.

Sorry I don't have much more to report on from last week. This week
should be better. And hopefully I'll have a bit more time to email.
I'm doing a baptismal interview on Friday. With a Mongolian. Woot!
Let's go gift of tongues! It should be good. Enjoy your spring break.
Talk to you next week.

Love, Elder Dorius

No comments:

Post a Comment