Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy New Year!

{Jan 1, 2012}

Hey everyone,
 
Thanks for all the Happy New Year wishes and birthday wishes. Haha. Yes I am one year older now making me 22 years old in Korean age. Pretty strange. It will be nice to come back to America and gain one more year in my life. In a way. Ha. Sounds like the party was fun as usual. Even though the real party animals were having a night on the town. Crazy. I can't believe everyone is growing up. Everyone is graduating, driving, and dating. And Mary is engaged?! That's pretty exciting. Although I got a letter from her not too long ago and she told me she had a boyfriend and was probably going to get married. Hmm...well maybe I'll get an invitation. It's the thought that counts. Tell her congrats for me. I LOVED hearing from the whole fam, even though it was only in an email. Those were so fun to read. I could even hear everyone's voice saying the things they wrote. So fun. It was kind of funny to be 16 hours ahead of you because I knew exactly what you all were doing. So in case you were wondering, I was at our bishop's house having a traditional New Year's Korean soup for lunch while you were celebrating New Years. Pretty cool, right?
 
Well this week was ok. I've had better. We had our fair share of appointments falling through and lots of plans changing. Our family investigators were busy this week so they couldn't meet again, and we only met with our other investigator once. And on top of all that it was super cold. So it was a little frustrating, but those things happen. We had a cool little miracle slip in at the very end of our week though. On Sunday night, we got a call from a random number who was a member in a totally different stake, but had a referal for us. They were going to talk to the referal and see how their schedule is and such and then let us know so we can meet them. All I know is they're brothers, one is 17 and one is 15. So that was pretty cool. It was a good way to finish off the week. We also got in with a less active we've been working with and had a pretty good time and built a better relationship that night. Oh man, and we did some "inspired" door knocking and ended up knocking on an inactive's door who let us in and visited with us for a little while. That was way cool. So I guess the week wasn't too bad. I was just thinking about more about the less fun stuff rather than seeing all the miracles.
 
So there wasn't any sledding this New Years? That's strange. Want to know what we're doing for P-day today? We're going sledding! Haha. At least hopefully we are. There isn't much snow on the ground, but I guess there's a sledding place in our zone so our zone is doing an activity there for our last P-day of the transfer. Yup. Another transfer is over. We're getting transfer calls tonight so I'll let you know next week what happens. I kind of have the feeling I'm leaving, considering I've been here for six months now and I've been with my same companion for two transfers. But we'll see. I think I know what's going to happen, then President gets me every time.
 
Well that's about it. I better go "hit the slopes" before we run out of time. Talk to you next week. 
 
Love, Elder Dorius

No comments:

Post a Comment