Monday, November 12, 2012

Conference is the best!

{Oct 15, 2012}

Hey everyone,
 
Wow it was kind of nice to get a couple emails from a few extra people this week. Thanks Moody's and Chris behind the desk. Haha. Ok that story about Sister Jill Christensen and Elder Scott Heinrich is way cool. How did they find that out? That's what I want to know. I feel like I have no connection to Salt Lake. We need more Koreans going to Temple Square! Except there was a lady who came to our English class for the first time this last week and she had been there. That was kind of a miracle story too. We have a couple adds for our English class in the local newspaper and we also hand out little fliers, but apparently this lady saw our flier in some intersection that I didn't even know we had advertisements there. So that was kind of cool. The part of the story where she gets baptized is still in the works. Thanks for the jokes Dad, but I don't have time to read them. Maybe someday. I'm sure they can wait. As well as those cinnonmon rolls. Those better wait too.
 
Ok conference was amazing! I think it's safe to say it was one of the best ones ever. At least in the past six months. Priesthood session was my favorite. It felt like a punch in the face and then pushed onto the ground only to be picked up, brushed off, and sent on our way again. President Eyring had some pretty funny parts as well. I was dying when he was talking about the "small plates" they made in their family. We had an investigator come to the Sunday morning session, so we sat with him and watched it in Korean. Or at least attempted to watch it. It was pretty hard to understand everything. We were able to bring the DVD home and watch it on our little DVD player though so we can watch them again. Holy smokes, Elder Holland really called down the fire this time around. He gave a somewhat similar talk while I was in the MTC, but it kind of had a similar theme: you've come this far and now you can't go back. It was kind of cool to experience those talks at the stages of my mission that I did, though. It was super motivating to hear during the first few weeks into my mission and now it's another good reminder of the things I've learned and committed too. As were all the talks. You can always count on conference for that.
 
As for the rest of the week, we went into Seoul for zone leader council. We got to our president's house about 8:45ish and we just sat and hung out with him and his wife and talked. They also gave us ice cream for my birthday. It was really nice. We got a training on revelation through prayer. It's going to be a good focus this month. Oh we also picked up a new investigator through our church's basketball hoop. We were inside the church doing something and we heard someone shooting so we went out and found this kid playing basketball. We played a bit and talked a bit and then he said he was curious about our church. It was pretty cool. I don't know how solid it's going to be but it was at least good to pick up another investigator. 
 
We're going into Seoul again tomorrow for the blood drive. Woot! Except there's a small chance I might not be able to donate. Apparently one of the areas in my last district has a danger of malaria and if anyone has been there they might not be able to donate. We'll have to see. Maybe if I tell them I'm O- they'll let me in. Haha. It should be good though. Oh and I was going to tell you it was a good thing you didn't send a package, because I just sent off a box of stuff today and it cost 50 bucks. And that was by boat. It was kind of a big box. Pretty much half my life was in it. Hopefully it makes it, but I wouldn't be expecting it anytime soon if I were you.
 
Well I hope you guys have a good day and a good week. When I was outside today it felt like marching band season. I was tempted to do a little marching but I decided it might be better to maintain my image haha. At least I don't have the big overalls. Talk to you next week!
 
Love, Elder Dorius

No comments:

Post a Comment