Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tae Kwon Do kids‏

Hey everyone,
 
Well it sounds like Mom and Danielle had a good weekend. And Grandpa and Grandma. They even pulled through with the family updates. I don't know what happened with Dad and the kids. Hopefully they're still around somewhere. So Ty and Logan didn't take their eye exam very seriously? Now they get big six inch coke bottle glasses. That's what you get when you don't study. That's crazy Amanda is in college now. I feel old. But that's good that everyone is busy and doing good things with their lives. Those pillows and such you guys made are pretty legit. Oh before I forget, with that music, would it be possible to put it on a mp3 player or something? That way I can just have that little gadget and not a bunch of cds. I was planning on sending my ipod home if you want to wait for that and put some stuff on it. I'll try to get that package sent off to you guys soon. There's just not much time to do things like that as a missionary. As far as other stuff I need/want I think I'm good. Maybe some more recent family pictures would be fun.
 
So we had transfers this week. My companion left and I stayed here in Mansu. My new companion's name is Elder Rossi and he's from Salt Lake. This is his fourth area in this zone so he knows Incheon pretty well and he already knew a lot about the area before he even came. It's been good so far. It's always a little weird at first getting used to each other but I think it will be good. My district leader is the same and his new companion is one of my best friends in the mission so that's cool. We've already done a few finding activities together. It's a good group. We possibly will have a new investigator by the end of the day. On Friday we were just out contacting and talked to these three kids going to their tae kwon do class who thought we were pretty cool then they called us later that night and wanted to meet. One has been texting us everyday and seems to really like us. He almost came to church yesterday. So we're pretty excited about that. This kid kind of reminds me of my recent convert over in Tae Baek. Just a young innocent student who really likes the missionaries. We're just going to meet them and play ping pong and have fun and build a good relationship. That's what we did in Tae Baek. So I'm pretty excited about that. It will be the first new investigator in over two transfers in this area. We're overdue. I'm thinking this could be the little spark we need to get things up and running again. Other than that, everything is same old. The weather is really nice right now. It can probably be classified as "perfect." Everything is starting to cool off and the leaves are starting to fall off the trees. Supposedly it will be like this for about a month and then it will start getting chilly again. That's depressing. I better wash the mold off my coat before I really need it. Next week is a huge national holiday in Korea. It's called Chu Suk. Apparently everything just shuts down. It's like Thanksgiving. Everyone goes and visits their family for a few days. It's so big, the mission president told the missionaries last year to not visit people because this is basically the only time they have to be with their family and they do not want to be disturbed. So we get like a week long P-day next week. Yay! I'll let you know how it goes. Well that's about it here. Still loving it and working hard. Tell Kylie Moore's mom hi haha. Talk to you later.
 
Love, Elder Dorius

No comments:

Post a Comment