Monday, June 13, 2011

Transfer

Hey everyone,
 
Sorry for the late letter again. Yesterday was a holiday so our little office where we email was closed. But at least this way I can tell you how transfers are going. My companion is staying here and his new companion is in the group that came in right after me. So he's a third transfer. I am moving to 길음 (Gireum) and my new companion's name is Elder Han. He is a Korean but is from New Zealand. I talked to him on the phone last night and he seems really cool. I'm excited. This is only his second transfer though so he's pretty new. We should have a good time though. I was also talking to one of my buddies who served near my new area and he said it's like downtown, old school Seoul. He said I'll see quite a few drunk guys. And apparently this ward is way good. They even have a ward mission leader! I'm pretty excited. But I've been calling members and meeting people today and saying good bye. It's been a lot harder than I thought it would be. It's a bitter sweet experience. I talked to one of our members this morning on the phone and she was pretty sad to hear I'm transfering. She was one of the first members I met when I came to this area and she's been so nice to me. She's super patient with my Korean and teaches me new stuff at church. She also thinks I eat Korean food well. Ha. But she's awesome. So yeah I'm excited to be moving and having a change but I'm also sad to leave Tae Baek.
 
That's the biggest news. This week was pretty boring. Our soccer coach investigator is thinking about praying. That's a start. He wants to quit drinking so we might have him pray about drinking. Well I guess not "we." Dang. That's not true. We're all on the same team here. We found a lady who's interested in learning English and we were going to meet her today, but now we have to go into Seoul for transfers. So I guess I won't see how that turns out. Hmm...strange. Well sorry for the lack of updates. Next week's letter should be better. Oh I was going to send some pictures but I packed up my cord. And also, I bought a translator. I just bought it with cash because it was cheaper that way. So I'll try to use my card somewhere else. It's sweet though. It has Spanish and French and Japanese and Chinese dictionaries too. I like it. That was the other highlight of the week. Have a good time at Grandpa and Grandma's Aniversary. Tell the family hi for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment