Monday, February 28, 2011

If there's anything about Korea that's similar to Utah, it's the weather‏

Hey everyone,

Holy cow. Bombard me with emails why don't you? That was awesome. Kadin, why do you keep getting hurt? You fool. Maybe you should just stick to video games and being lazy. Haha. Nice job at SUPAF. I never got to wear a cool outfit like that. But you do have to admit a tux is pretty legit. Good luck with the toe, the foot, the nose, and the arm (that's my prediction of what's going to break next). Keep me posted.

Kylie, way to go at being sweeper. Sounds like you're pretty good. Mom even told me you're better than Kadin. Haha. Just kidding. Just because I'm halfway around the world doesn't mean I can't make fun of Kadin still. Keep practicing.

Danielle and Jesse, you're awesome. "We're on fire!" Haha I love it. To answer some of your questions, I'm actually not freezing. I'm doing good. My coat keeps me pretty warm. And yes the floors are heated and we sleep on mats. They're called a yo. They're kind of like those mats we got when we were kids and they fold up into chairs, but not quite as thick. They're pretty comfy. I like them. I haven't heard anything from Anna. Isn't she by the DMZ? I don't know. I guess we'll see.

Well it sounds like you've guys have had quite the week. Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with your Korean girls. That would have been fun to meet them. Maybe later when I'm in the city. I'm glad they cooked some Korean food for you guys. That sounded like quite the party. Do you remember what it was called? I haven't really had anything too crazy yet. The food is way good.

Mom, thanks for the questions. No, we haven't visited that one kid again. We haven't seen the mom at church for awhile so maybe we'll check up on them. There's a piano at the church. It's not too bad. I'm pretty sure some of the keys are out of tune though. You know how church pianos are. We teach English every Friday and it's just at the church. I love teaching English class. It's so fun. We just teach them random phrases and words. Like last week I taught them "stuck in a slump" and then we played Dots and Boxes. It was fun. We're trying to start up a youth English class along with that too but no luck so far. My shoes are doing good. My feet get a little cold but not cold enough to have you send foot warmers. Thanks though. The language is still really hard. I'm starting to understand a little better. I can pick up a few words here and there but it's still really hard to speak. And it's way hard to pronounce everything. I just sound like a dork. But it's all good. I have a lot to learn still.

Alright well now that I've typed a novel I'll tell you about my week. We went on exchanges on Wednesday and Thursday. I went to a place called Won Ju. It's about 2 and a half hours away from us. It's a nice sized city. It's not as big as Seoul but it's bigger than Tae Baek so it was fun to have a little change. The missionary I was with is named Elder Rayes. He's a rock star. Literally. Before his mission, he was in a band that toured all over the US and parts of Europe. So he's a little older than everyone else but he's way cool. It was fun to work with another missionary and see how they do things.

The weather has been pretty nice. At least it was at the beginning of the week. And then yesterday after church it started snowing again. It hasn't stopped yet. Because of the snow, some of our plans yesterday fell through so we just shoveled our parking lot again, which we just finished the day before, and then hit the streets and shoveled in front of shops and stores. It was some good service, but I'm a little sore now. 

As far as investigators go, we're still working on that. We have a couple people that would be golden. They come to our English class and they're just awesome. We just need to pick them up and teach them and they'd be baptized in no time. But they both have something holding them back. Mr. Cole is still unsure about his wife and the other one, Rachel, has her parents telling her to go to their church. We're not sure what to do. Hopefully we can figure something out soon.

Well I'm still doing good. Missionary work is hard. Some days are better than others, but I'm hanging in there. I'm banking off of Ether 12:27 everyday. I have plenty of weaknesses so I should be getting some strengths eventually. Thanks for all the prayers and support. Let me know about Jordan's call. If he's doing a map guessing thing my guess is Chile. That just popped into my head so I'm going with it. It was good to hear from all of you again. Talk to you next week.

Love, Elder Dorius
PS here's a picture of me exercising in the snow this morning. You'll notice I'm still in my pajamas. We just went out for a couple minutes and took pictures of us "exercising." Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment