Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sorry for the delay

Hey everyone,

First of all happy Valentine's Day. It's not quite Valentine's Day over there but it's close enough.

It sounds like KC's farewell was great. I'm really quite disappointed I missed it. He's going to be an awesome missionary. You'll have to tell him I miss him and hope the best for him. Also tell him to send me his address. You'll have to tell Berkley happy birthday for me as well. I'm glad you reminded me. It's a good thing you guys are around to keep me posted on all my friends. Who needs facebook when you have parents?

Well this week has been pretty good. As you heard, we did get a lot of snow. I'm not sure exactly how much, but we think we have a least a foot. There's another area in our zone that got a meter and a half. It's crazy. We spent nearly all of Saturday shoveling our church parking lot. I took some pictures so I'll see if I can attach them. We went to the temple on Monday and did a session. The Seoul temple is really small, but it's really cool. Then after the temple, it's a tradition to go to Taco Bell. I guess there's only a couple in Korea and one of them is pretty close, so we went there for lunch. They told us in the MTC that we wouldn't eat Mexican food for the next two years. We really showed them. Ha! We also went to the War Museum. It was way sweet. It had tons of stuff from ancient Korea all the way to modern. I took pictures there too. We didn't have tons of time and a lot of stuff was in Korean, so I wasn't able to learn much. But it was still fun to see all the stuff. Then the next day we had a combined district meeting. That was good. I don't really need to tell you all about it though. But we took a train back to our area that went along the coast of Korea, so I got to see some of the ocean. It was sweet. But it looked cold. After my mission I might have to go check out the nice, warm beaches of Pusan. 

This week has been pretty rough as far as numbers go. There's not too many people out on our already barren streets, so it's been hard to talk to people. However, we do have this one guy who's been coming to English class for over a year. I think I mentioned him in my last email. In English we call him Mr. Cole. We talked to him about meeting with us and taking the lessons. He really likes us and he said he thinks he's ready. Our goal is to baptize him and his family before this transfer is over. We also have another English class student that we want to baptize. Her English name is Rachael. 

Ok so I typed that on Monday but we had to leave for our appointment. I was just going to finish it on the train, but the trains were down because of the snow. So we ended up taking a bus and didn't have internet access. But now we're back and we got permission to email. Sorry for the wait. Hopefully I didn't make you worried or anything.

We went to Seoul for special training, and then afterwards my companion was working on a  program on the office elders' computer. Anyway, during that time, I went street contacting with one of the AP's. It was crazy. There's so many people in Seoul compared to our area and this missionary was a beast. It was really cool to see him work. We almost talked to more people in 30 minutes than we do in one day here. It was fun. Except it would be more fun if I could understand what people were saying. But I do what I can.

My companion is sick right now. This is the first time we've been out of the house today. We think he might have food poisoning. I'm not sure. We're actually heading to the hospital when we're done here. It's a lot better being on the other end of the hospital visit. But I've been pretty bored trapped in the apartment studying all day. Hopefully he gets better. Oh just so you know. I've used my debit card a couple times now. I was out of mission funds and had to use some personal funds for our bus tickets. So if you can keep an eye of that every once in a while, that would be good. 

Well sorry this was a crazy email. I'm still doing good. Hopefully everything is doing good with you guys as well. Talk to you next week.

Love, Elder Dorius

PS As far as meeting up with Kate and Eva, I'm not sure. I don't think we'll be in Seoul and I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be able to leave to meet up with them. But you can give me their information and I can refer them to the missionaries in their areas. If that's ok with them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment