Monday, September 10, 2012

God bless America.... and every other country


Hey everyone,
 
I can't believe you guys are still hitting the lake. It must be a little warmer in St. George than it is here. I'm not sure what the temperature is exactly but I think I saw somewhere that it's 26 degrees. It's about perfect. And the occasional ocean breeze is nice too. But I don't think I'd want to be out on the water right now. That time seemed to pass here. Congratulations on the new job Danielle! That's way sweet. But that's too bad you guys are killing everything in your house haha. I agree with Mom. I might have to think more about visiting you guys. Maybe you should just come hang out with us in Utah. It might be good for your health. So are there international sisters at the St. George temple? I didn't think they'd have Japanese missionaries there, but that's way cool! How long do you have your Japanese kids? What else are you going to do?
 
Well this week has been a little different than most weeks. We went on exchanges with one of the district leaders in our zone and his companion. I was with the district leader and while we were eating dinner, we got a random call from our mission president. It turned out that this missionary I was with was being transfered into the office the next day and that his companion would be working with us for a week. So we got him back the next morning to pack and then we sent him off with the office elders and we've been working in a threesome since then. It's been pretty fun. The missionary who's with us is from Germany. So now when we talk to people we always say "he's from Germany, he's from Australia, and I'm from America." I think people get a good kick out of it. It even helped us out with this one contact. We were knocking on doors and were getting nothing, and then finally at the last door of 15 floors, a lady was willing to talk with us. She was asking a little bit about the history of the church and how big it is and stuff and then we explained how we were from all over the world and she seemed pretty impressed with it.
 
I'm trying to think of what else happened this week. We had zone leader council. That was fun. Oh we found out that mormon.org is in Korean now, as well as in tons of other languages, and so we're going to do something with that for part of this 50 year anniversary of missionary work in Korea, we're going to try to have all the missionaries have a little profile on there. I think it's going to be pretty cool. It's still kind of in the planning process, but I think our president wants to do something with that. He's pretty smart. 
 
Hmm...this week seems pretty uneventful now that I'm looking back on it. But at the same time it kind of has. It's just missionary work. Nothing wrong with that, but it can get a little repetative sometimes. Shoot I don't think I spelled that right. Anyways. Maybe I'll just wrap it up and let you get on with your lives. Haha my companion is freaking out right now because his dad just gave him a countdown for his mission. Don't get trunky! Just remember Pres. Uchtdorf's talk about always being in the middle.
 
Talk to you later!
Love, Elder Dorius

No comments:

Post a Comment