Monday, July 16, 2012

Rain is falling all around


Hey everyone,
 
Ah man. That's too bad about your boating trip. I'm just oozing with sympathy right now. I don't know how you guys made it through the week. It was a good time to read the "good, better, best" talk. Haha. We've actually had tons of rain here too. I'd say it's pretty safe to say we got more than you too. Once the rainy season starts in Korea, it doesn't let up much. Right now it's not raining, but this is the first time in the past few days where it's stopped. But, unlike boating, missionary work can't get cancelled. Grandma, I do know that missionary! He's in my mission. I've never served around him so I don't know him very well. I just know who he is. What a small world. Kylie's room looks good. It's quite a bit different from the last time I saw it. Have you guys changed or redone anything else? You guys are going to Baltimore?! I'm pretty sure I never heard about that. Man. That's cool. I don't know if it's better to tell me these things or to just let them slip under the radar. Haha.
 
As for my week, it was pretty good. I got to go back to my greenie area on exchanges! It was a little weird being back. There were some changes here and there so it didn't exactly feel like I was coming back home, but I still remembered where everything was for the most part. We visited one of my favorite members and she ended up feeding us. We didn't really plan on that, but we also needed to eat sometime so we didn't complain too much. She's super nice. She kind of felt like my mom when I was a greenie so it was really good to see her again. I remember when I was serving there trying to imagine what it would be like to actually be able to communicate with her. And now I know. Haha. It was fun. We were also going to try to meet with my recent convert there, but he ended up not being able to meet. I might have to make another trip out there sometime.
 
Our investigators are doing good. I guess. We couldn't meet with some of them this week and they were good the last time I saw them so I'm assuming they're still good. We were hoping for the two kids of this family we picked up last week to come to church, but they didn't. Super lame. Probably because of the rain. We had a couple potentials lined up to meet on Sunday, but they punked us too, so we decided to make some phone calls and we ended up meeting two different people that night. We would ask them when they could meet and they would say, "well I can come right now," or, "I have time at seven. Let's meet then." It was crazy cool. And we even got some return appointments on the street in pouring rain. So I agree with the Henches: "random" things happen when you keep the commandments and do what's right.
 
We also had zone leader's council this last week. All the zone leaders meet together with President and the APs and we report on our zones, talk about the mission, and recieve training. For lunch, we go to the President's house and his wife makes us food, and now that we have an American president, his wife makes us American food. She made something like that chicken over rice dish that Mom makes. Holy cow it was way good. We definately scored with our new president and his wife.
 
Well that was pretty much our week. We're heading back in to Seoul right after this. We have interviews with the president tonight and then we have our temple session tomorrow morning. Our zone is sleeping at the temple! Round two! I'm excited. But I'm about out of time so I'll let you go. Talk to you next week!
 
Love, Elder Dorius

No comments:

Post a Comment