Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sorry for the delay‏

Hey everyone,
 
So I'm not going to lie. I am slightly angry at you guys for going boating every other day. That's so not fair. Did we go that often when I was still home? However. Since you bought Bro Musso's ping pong table, I forgive you. That's probably the greatest thing I've ever heard. When I first read you guys got a table I was mad, but then I was super excited because it was from Bro. Musso. He's way cool. Yeah, he was one of Elder Stanley's teachers and he subbed my class a couple times because both of my teachers were gone for Christmas. So anyway that's way cool. Haha Kadin and Kylie are pretty good huh? We'll see about that. I haven't played tons here but I think I've gotten better compared to before my mission. I switched to Korean style too. I'll have to buy a nice paddle here before I go home. I appriciated your story about your walk, Mom. Sheesh. I can be on the other side of the world and yet you still manage to embarrass me. Thanks. I also appreciated your advice. That was really good.
 
Sorry my email is a little late this week. We had our temple trip today so yesterday wasn't our P-day. The temple was really nice. We're way lucky to have a temple in our mission. On our way there, my companion and I actually kind of ran into a member who was also going to the temple. She just got back from her mission in Taejeon a few weeks ago and she was telling us how jealous all the other missionaries are of the Seoul missionaries becuase we can go to the temple. It's a good time to just sit and enjoy the Spirit. After the temple, we went to this meat buffet. Yes that's right. Meat buffet. Oh man. It was so good. Korean food is seriously the best.
 
Last week we had a special zone conference. It's called forest conference. We went to a "forest" (more like a park) and did a few different activities. It was way fun. And best of all we got to wear P-day clothes. That was nice. We had it on Friday and it was perfect weather. Some other zones had it on Thursday and I guess it rained on them. But it was really nice and sunny for us. I even got a little sunburned. I saw Elder Stanley there. Just FYI. He's doing good. He went senior and is companions with a missionary who was in my MTC district. It was fun to see him again and catch up. I'll send some pictures from it next week. I don't have my cord with my right now. For one of the activities, the zone leaders asked for a volunteer and then we walked to the next place where we had to go. We got to a set of stairs and the zone leaders stopped us and told us to give all of our bags to the missionary who volunteered early. He had to carry all of our stuff up these stairs by himself. It was a lot of stuff. I thought he wasn't going to make it. But he did. Then we related that to the Atonement. He didn't know what he was getting himself into when he volunteered but he still did the task willingly. I had seen analogies like this before so it wasn't very new to me, but one thing that stood out was afterwards the zone leaders asked us who thanked him for carrying our bags. Not too many people did, if any. So that made me realize I need to work on my gratitude. Towards the end of the conference we wrote letters to ourselves and put them in a time capsule and will get them when we go home. Just a side note about that. I can either come home next October or December. I'm not sure on the dates but I'm kind of planning on the December one. I'll only have a few weeks before school starts up again so you guys will have to get that all set up for me. Just so you know. It's still a ways away and we can talk about it later. Anyway. That was cool. We used a kind of cool activity from Preach My Gospel for this letter where you think about your last day in the field and write down things you want to have become and what changes others can see in you. It was good. That was probably the highlight of my week. We still have no investigators but we're meeting a potential tonight so hopefully that goes well. Our zone decided to set some zone goals for number of lessons and contacts and our zone leaders feel that if every companionship can reach this, we'll get baptisms. It was a little intense when we first talked about it, but my companion and I are game for it. We made some pretty good plans so I feel pretty good about it. We're definately going to be way busy, but that's the way it is. So far we're pretty close to on track, so hopefully we can keep it up. I'll let you know.
 
Oh I got your package. Thanks. Those are some really nice pictures. However, I'm missing the last two pages of the piano music. By chance could you try sending those? Also while I was talking with Elder Stanley he said you guys should send some Jon Schmidt piano/cello stuff we could do for zone conference or something. So if you can look into that as well that would be really cool. Oh and here's another thing you guys will probably find a little amussing. I found some mold growing on one of my suits. Bargh! Mold is annoying. We took it to the dry cleaners and they said they could do it. It just might smell funny afterwards. Lovely. Well I think that's it. Talk to you next week. You better go boating a dozen more times before school starts. Haha.
 
Love, Elder Dorius 

No comments:

Post a Comment