Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm Still Here

Hey everyone,

Well it sounds like you guys had a fun week in Provo. Who wouldn't? Provo is the best. Oh and Danielle, I know that face carver guy! When I did that tour thing at UVU he did the same thing. Except I think he carved a different face. Isn't he the head of the science department or something like that? I can't remember. But I'm pretty sure he's the same guy you saw. I don't know too many people who carve faces and give speeches at the same time. Tell Jesse thanks for staying updated with youtube. I'm excited to see those. Way to go Kadin and Kylie for mowing the lawn! It's about time. Back in my day I had to mow the huge yard in Idaho. Uphill. In the snow. You should be grateful for the little four foot wide patch of grass. 

Things are still good here in Tae Baek. I did not get transfered, nor did my companion. Basically my whole zone stayed the same. Only two people changed and one was going home. So we at least don't have to overcome the whole "change" challenge. No one in my district changed which is nice because I really like my district leader. So it's good. As for the work, it's still work. Our one investigator who served a mission for his church in Australia is tough. He's been making us study a lot. I don't know how things are going to go with him. He seems really hard-hearted and not willing to change. He thinks all we need to do to be saved is believe in Jesus. So we talk a lot about sin and salvation and fun stuff like that. If you have any suggestions or insights, feel free to let me know. We have another investigator who is way cool. He's our miracle investigator I think I mentioned awhile back. Anyway. Funny story. He randomly texted me one night asking if we drink and if we do we should go out and drink sometime. I don't know why but I thought it was hilarious. I told him we don't drink but we sure can go out and eat sometime. Then he texted me last night randomly again and wants to go to lunch tomorrow. Boo ya. Meal appointments are the best. I can totally picture him in white. We'll just have to work on the whole drinking thing. Ha. 

That's about all the news I can think of now. Everything is still good. I think the rainy season is coming. It's been a little wet lately, but today is really nice. The mountains are turning really green. I like it. I'll keep my eye out for Sis. Hench's Korean friends. They would be fun to meet. Hopefully things are still good in St. George/Orem. Talk to you soon.

Love, Elder Dorius

PS Isn't Mother's Day soon? I think I get a phone call if I remember correctly. I'm not sure what time I'll be able to, but what number should I call? Cell phone? Office again? Let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment