Monday, April 25, 2011

No News is Good News

Hey everyone,

Well it sounds like not much is new in St. George. Kadin is broken. Kylie is exercising. The ward/stake is changing. And they're building another church that's a stone's throw away from a pre-existing church. Literally. I love Utah.

As for Korea, the weather has been different every day. It was sunny on Monday, snowed on Tuesday, rained on Wednesday, foggy on Thursday, cloudy on Friday, and windy for the weekend. It was crazy. It also makes the street contacting tough. When the umbrellas go up, the numbers go down. At least there wasn't any radiation, as far as I know. 

We get transfer calls tonight. That's pretty exciting. This transfer went by so fast. It feels like it never happened. I have no idea if I'll stay in Tae Baek again, or if I'll get transfered. We're pretty certain my companion will be here for a while since he's the branch president. Luckily he likes it here and doesn't mind staying here a long time. That is why he is my companion. I'll be honest, I'm a little nervous for transfers. Tae Baek is great and things are looking really good, but I also wouldn't mind a change. So we'll see. Heavenly Father knows where I need to be and so does my mission president. If I've learned anything from this transfer, it's two things: trust and communication. They are so important in any companionship. Because of the lack of communication, I had to trust my companion that much more. I didn't always know what was going on or what we needed to do, but my companion did. The road to success begins at the companionship and that companionship needs to have a unified purpose and goal. All of that depends on communication. If we're not on the same page, we're less effective. The whole communicating thing is something we're still working on, but it's been a good learning experience. I was slightly apostate this week and read President Hinckley's new book. I figured it fell under the "words of modern prophets" category of the missionary library. One of our members wanted it and I read it really quickly before we gave it to him. President Hinckley is so awesome. Not even death can keep him from giving the world much needed advice. Me ranting just reminded me of that. I suggest reading it. It's chuck full of great quotes and one liners. And who doesn't need advice every once in a while?

Well that's about it here. Perhaps next week I'll have a little more to report on. Oh I just remembered something else. We picked up another new investigator this week. She asked some really good questions and seems interested. I like her questions a lot more than our former-missionary, Bible-loving investigator. She asked me if Jesus has a girlfriend. That was fun. We're meeting her tonight and teaching her the plan of salvation. It should be good.

Talk to you next week! 
Love, Elder Dorius

No comments:

Post a Comment