Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Good News

Hey everyone,

Sounds like you all had another successful new year's party with the fam. It was kinda weird not being there but I'd rather be here. We didn't do much for new years. It's not quite as fun when you have to go to bed at 10:30. I'm excited to hear about your Korean students. They sound pretty smart and can probably speak English really well. We're getting 11 new Korean native missionaries today. They're awesome. That should be a good experience.

Well I've had a pretty exciting week. We got some pretty good news. First of all I did find my license in the bottom of my stocking. So I did get that. Sorry I didn't respond. I figured if you didn't hear from me you wouldn't do anything and then you'd be out of town. The next good news is we're going to Korea a week early. We're now leaving on January 24. We're stoked! I guess our original departure date was right before Chinese New Year and Korea pretty much shuts down for that. So they didn't want us flying in during that because it would be crazy. I'm pretty sure it's February 3-5 or something like that. Your Korean students might like a party or something around then. The next news is almost as exciting. On Sunday morning at around 5:00, I woke up with some intense pain in my left side. I woke up my companion and we tried to figure out what was wrong. It felt like my insides wanted to be on my outsides. All the elders in my room gave me a blessing an then my companion and I headed to the ER. By the time we got to the ER I had thrown up a couple times and was still in a lot of pain. They asked me to rate my pain and the whole time I was thinking about Brian Regan. "Say eight!" However I didn't take his advice. I said six. Luckily they still took me in. They took me to a little room and I just layed on the bed, thinking I was going to die. Then a nurse came in and hooked me up to an IV and shot some morphine in me. It was the best. Everyone needs a shot of morphine sometime in their life. But because I was on that, my oxygen levels started to drop so I got to have oxygen too. Then a doctor came in and talked to me for a bit. He told me my symptoms looked like I had a kidney stone. So they did a CT scan and sure enough. I had a kidney stone. I still have a kidney stone. They said it's not too big so it should pass on it's own, but it hasn't yet. They gave me percocet for the pain and some other medicine for the nausea. I'm doing fine now. The pain is gone and I feel a lot better. I'm seeing the MTC doctor this morning so we'll see what he has to say. Everyone has been really nice and concerned. My district has some good kidney stone jokes now. So don't be alarmed. I'm in good hands. Oh quick side note. Do I have an insurance card? Or what do you know about that? I'm supposed to call the billing office to get some information. I don't really know how all this works. I heard the MTC covers the costs but they might need my insurance information. I don't know. I'll figure it out. So yeah that was my week. It was pretty exciting. Hopefully this week is boring. I'll keep you updated though. Have fun going back to work and school!

Love, Elder Dorius

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh i'm so worried about him i can't even handle it! i hope he's okay!