Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Half Time

Hey Everyone,

Mom I'm sorry to hear about your toe. That's unfortunate, but not surprising. Hopefully that gets better. That's also too bad for the computer. Good thing you got it fixed though. Dad could you send me a list of some good opening, closing, and sacrament hymns? It's not as easy to pick hymns for church than one might think. Especially in the Korean hymnbook. They don't have quite as many songs. It sounds like grandma's eye surgery was a success. I bet she's pleased with that. Kylie thanks for telling me about your party. It sounds like fun. It also sounds like you're enjoying my phone. That's good to hear. How's Kadin's foot doing? Is he still wearing his boot? What are your guys' plans for Christmas? Are you going to SLC and partying with the fam?

Well I am now halfway done with the MTC. If you haven't kept track, this is my 6th week here. The time has gone by so fast! I've gotten some cards from a few people in the ward and I even got a package of gifts. I don't know who it's from exactly but it was really nice. Also thank you mom and Danielle and anyone else who contributed to my Christmas package. The cinnamon rolls were good by the mangoes were awesome! I've missed those. I haven't opened any of my presents yet. We have a mini Christmas Tree in our room so we put all our gifts under it and are waiting to open them on Christmas morning. The MTC is an awesome place to be for Christmas. Especially for us going to Korea because it's not really a big deal over there. I can't remember the schedule exactly but we have a couple firesides and fun stuff all day Saturday so I'm pretty excited. I'll have to tell you about it next week.

It's finally looking like winter up here. The past couple weeks we've had really nice weather. It felt like St. George until yesterday. It snowed ALL day long. When we walked out of our building this morning, there was at least 6 inches all over the place. Luckily we're inside most of the time so it's not too bad. And now we can get acclimated for the cold Korea weather.
I did see Bro. Monson the other day. It was so funny. I heard someone yelling "Elder Dorius!" and I couldn't tell where it was coming from, then I saw him driving a car and waving to me. It totally made my day. Whenever we see someone from the outside world they suddenly become a celebrity.

Well all of the elders in the older districts are now in Korea. The group that came in the same day as me will be by ourselves for a couple of weeks then the new elders will come in. It's nice to know that we don't stay here forever and people actually go to Korea. Evert tune we hear something about it we get more excited to go.

The TRC went well on Saturday. We ended up teaching our same "investigator" as the week before and we taught her the same lesson. So it wasn't very realistic. But it was still good. That was the last time we teach the lessons in English. After six weeks you start teaching the lessons in your mission language. It's pretty intense. I've learned quite a bit but everyday we learn something new that keeps me humble. Well I'm still doing great. I'm loving every minute of my mission. Thanks for all the support. Merry Christmas!

Elder Dorius

No comments:

Post a Comment